Thursday, August 14, 2008

Awful(ly) Chocolate?

This is the Chocolate Rum & Cherry.

I did not like this particular flavour. Somehow, the cherry did not go well with the chocolate fudge and the alcohol gave it a somewhat mismatched taste. I like them all (chocolate;rum;cherries) as individuals and if paired tastefully.

The cake looked moist and dense but was light on the palate. Although this is suppose to be a chocolate cake, I could not taste the chocolate, much less smell it. The fudge became a little too gelatin-like so I gave up after one slice. I had the banana version a few years back and had much better memories of it.

Oh well...

3 connoisseur(s):

Anonymous said...

that looks really heavy..

Unknown said...

this is from awfully chocolate? how much is it?

ladyironchef

ah Teo said...

i am not very sure as it was not bought by me. maybe can check out the awfully chocolate website. heheh...